Playing FarCry X850 card overherheats?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
untitled7mo.png

I had the graphics on very high. is this normal? My card is a Connect 3D X850 XT PL. I got it off tigerdirect for $350. perhaps there is a reason it was so cheap???

anyway, after getting that message, i go back to playing the game, and it seems to proform just as good as it was. and by that I mean that I would see an occational twitch in some objects, and an occational "digital static line" through the screen. None of that happened after running 3D Mark 2003 though. unfortinatly, i have not had a change to run any other games on my system yet.

um.. do you still have the stock cooler on that card? Because it sucks.
Are you overclocking that card at all? Consider looking into an after-market cooler like the Arctic Silencer 5 http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=61

Use AS5 on the core during install and put 1 tiny dab of AS5 on all 8 rams. You must first remove the stock themal pads on the heatsink.

You will now have a chilled X850XT read to overclock like crazy..

Theres a few batches of x850's out there that ati used too much thermalpaste on. (not ot mention cheep stuff)

Just replace the thermalpaste with as5 and it will be fine.

yes its stock, no I have not overclocked it. also, I heard that it wasnt really worth overclocking videocards in general, and especially not the one that I have. also, I heard that it is more dangerous the CPU overclocking, because it is easier to screw up.

Well, if you have a good after market cooler and have RAM cooling and you use a good overclocking program like rivatuner or ATITOOL.

I'm not huge on overclocking, "knowledgible" but i've been told unless you can overclock safely over 10% it really isn't worth it.

ok. according to the ATI drivers, it was at 73C (if I remember correctly) after playing far cry for a while.

it is now at 45C...

73C is pretty hot, but not too bad. I think there is a setting in ATI Catalyst control panel that you can adjust that TEMP so that the CCP doesn't warn you when you reach 70C - adjust it to 80C.

The intake for the videocard is rright near my chipset. my chipset is one with a fan, but wouldnt that blow air down on the chipset? If it blew up and the air it blew was pretty hot it would be the problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom