Case Temperature Gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
I have a case I bought from a comp. shop, and it has a digital temperature gauge. Now there are about 4 wires, labeled:

"VGA"
"HDD"
"CPU"
"RAM"

Now at the very end of each wire is a very thin, smooth, orange colored tip that I am guessing reads the temps. Where do you stick the end of each wire to? For example, where would you put the CPU one at? In between the HS and CPU? And how do you hold it down? Scotch tape? Rofl...

The little orange strips are the thermal sensors.
The CPU one for example generally goes underneath the CPU, between the CPU and the ZIF socket, I tend to use couple of thin strips of thermal tape to hold it in place.

Underneath the CPU? Between the CPU & ZIF SOCKET? WHAT?
How exactly does that work? Every Manual i've read says to put those sensors on the Heatsink?

I don't know about this one... (Scratches head)....

Well, according to the diagram that came with my Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 - http://www.thermaltake.com/support/installguide/coolers/a1745v12.pdf
that's where thermal sensors should go.
I know it's for a temperature display, but shouldn't it be pretty much the same?
Putting the sensor on the heatsink won't give you an accurate representation of the temperature, as the heat would be dissipating along the whole surface of it, not to mention the fan blowing on it too.
Sticking it between the heatsink and CPU would damage the sensor from the pressure and CPU due to the reduced heat transfer.

Hope that may be of help.

Ive got 3 temp probes in my case, CPU, HDD, and VGA. I stuck the CPU probe on the heatsink. I have the HDD probe hovering about a MM above the HDD. I have the VGA probe right on top of my HSF on the vid card

I put mine on the HSF and it's within a couple of degrees of what the nVIDIA software monitor says. I just used scotch tape...lmfao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom