Crashing Blue screen in Games Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taranatar

Solid State Member
right:

built myself a pc about 3 months ago had loads of probs with virus,crashing and stuff. so formated ova the weekend. just got it all upto date and its still giving me blank blue screens in games.

bf2,sim city 4 and some others i play for around 15-45 mins then i just get a blank blue screen and i have to turn the power off and on to restart.

my system:

xp Pro
amd 3200
3*512 ram 3200
1* 40 gb hard drive
1* 80 gb hard drive
Ati 9800 pro
all latest drivers.
400w psu.

the error code i get in even viewer is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xba12628c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xba1c6b03)

thats the only info i get.

Please help me fix this, im pulling my hair out.

cheers.

Start of with the bare essentials on your system, 1 stick of ram, I HDD, etc....then start your system up and go from there.

i have done, need both hard drives in games on other hard drive.

did a memtest and hard drive test no probs there.

grr bugging me badly.

ne other ideas?

It's possible you are getting a heat issue on the Video card.
I have an ATI 9800 pro that would overheat and BSOD on me. Get an 80MM fan and lay it on top of the mmory heatsinks. make sure to plug it in. Test that and see if it helps... Did for me...

it is very possible try lowering the graphics settings within game if it still freezes and goes blue screen on lower setting then something else is wrong, it is also possible that, the PSU your using is going bad or has bad rails what kind is it, if u say it one you bought with the case I would say thats the problem.

i got this from this ( http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows_XP_Blue_Screen_of_Death_STOP_Codes-t43519.html ) bookmarked site of mine:

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

hope it helps...

well i tried lowering the gfx and it still happened the cooling isnt as issue i have 2 80mm fans on side of case blowing on the gfx card.

the psu is a 400w antec one. i bought without the case.

and its a fresh instal so dnt have tht many drivers on the system. but all main ones are uptodate.

sometimes updated drivers bring problems. try rolling back your video driver.
i had this problem with my nVidia. the new driver wouldn't let me play any of my games so i reverted back to the working one!

Blue Screen Of Death

You get Blue screen on computer when the error occurs, the screen turns blue, and the computer almost freezes and requires rebooting. This can happen when your computer is running in a Windows environment affected with the BSOD error, an acronym of the Blue Screen Of Death. I have got solutions to this problem.

VengaBoyz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom