oc my FX-55 San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
I read the guide. I know how to do it and I have OCed a 2600xp and a 2800 64.

Not %100 sure on the voltages, but Im sure if i read the stickeyed link a bit more, I would figure it out.

anyway, here are the details:

According to the sensor that came in my aspire case, the middle of my case is anyware from 30C to maybe 38C under load.

According to PC Wizard 2005, my CPU is on avrage, 27C NOT UNDER HEAVY LOAD. (will update thread after running 3D Mark 2003 a few times)

I have an Antec 500 Watt PSU and according to PC Wizard 2005, it seems to be giving my CPU a pretty damn steady 1.33 volts.

I have Patriot EP (Extreme proformance) DDR 400 RAM.

I have a DFI NF4-DAGF motherboard.

All I have is the stock heatsink for now.

seams to me like I have some room. perhaps I could go to 2.8 ghz? assuming it is safe to do this, what voltage should I go to?

any siggestions?

I dont think I will get that into it. may put it in a minifridge later. may save up for one of these:

35-106-056-01.JPG

but for now, I want to know what I can do with what I have.

DO NOT PUT IT IN A MINIFRDIGE. Warm and cool temperatures = condensation.

27 seems too low for an idle, watch it since you may have faulty temperature sensors

well idk if it is just PC Wizard 2005 or what but it reports my foltage wrong at 1.33v. I have it set at 1.4v right now.

the temp goes all over the place, but from what I can figure, the average reading is 27. it will climb and fall and report anything from 11C to very occationally 46C or there abouts.

I upped the V to 1.475 and upped the multiplyer to 14. 3D mark 2003 ran withought problems and scored 13605.

Stock, I get 12870.

I also keept that voltage and set the multiplyer to 13.5 and the running speed to 208. With that I got 13665 in 3D Mark 2003, but it seems that that solution would be less stable and not as good for the other parts of my computer?

which is a better way to go and do you think i could go further or have I already gone too far or am i ok? also, should I up the voltage more then to 1.475 for this?

jaross said:
well idk if it is just PC Wizard 2005 or what but it reports my foltage wrong at 1.33v. I have it set at 1.4v right now.

the temp goes all over the place, but from what I can figure, the average reading is 27. it will climb and fall and report anything from 11C to very occationally 46C or there abouts.

I upped the V to 1.475 and upped the multiplyer to 14. 3D mark 2003 ran withought problems and scored 13605.

Stock, I get 12870.

I also keept that voltage and set the multiplyer to 13.5 and the running speed to 208. With that I got 13665 in 3D Mark 2003, but it seems that that solution would be less stable and not as good for the other parts of my computer?

which is a better way to go and do you think i could go further or have I already gone too far or am i ok? also, should I up the voltage more then to 1.475 for this?

If you set it to 1.4, and it's reading 1.33, it's not the software, something is broken

I was changing the V core with Clockgen. Im pretty sure everything in the hardware is ok because when I was setting it back to stock settings, I was an idiot and lowered the voltage first, and my computer shutdown right away! :rolleyes:

plus, doesnt PC WIzard need to know all the spicifics of my Mobo for it to be accurate? because it doesnt know what DFI is.

P.P. Mguire said:
That heatsink is very nice. Im getting one.

ya, i saw it in Maximum PC. Assuming it will fit in my case, im getting one eventually.

k don;t worry bout upping vcore till it becomes unstable. when that happens raise it a tiny bit at a time untill its prime stable. btw that cooler is sposed to be really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom