First time computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is in Canadian. And I'll be looking around for an LCD when I'm there anyways.

Excellent, I'm almost set for my trip to vancouver!

So 2 more questions:

Will this system be OK for overclocking? I'm not planning on doing overclocking when I get it, but I know that eventually I'll give it a try. I think it's OK as it's a San Diego Core and the memory is corsair with a decent latency, as long as I go and get some more heatsinks/fans etc. Have I missed something?

I was thinking of a faster hard drive, as everytime I pose this question I seem to get a response that indicates I should probably get a 10k RPM drive (ie my friend's IT department suggested this, but wasn't clear on the gains). Is this hard drive going to bottleneck my system, and what kind of performance increase can I expect to gain if I get a faster hard drive for the OS? Looking at the stats for the Western Digital Raptor, the response times seem to be about 40% faster. Is this the kind of gain I can expect if I get one of those hard drives? Or do the specs not tell the whole story (as they often don't)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom