Radeon 9600Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasker

Baseband Member
Alright, Im building a new system and I want to save some money. I have looked at a Radeon 9600Pro and I like it alot. However, I was wondering if theres a cheaper card that is just as good? I want a card that will run any game flawlessly but not burn a hole through my wallet. Does such a card exsist?

Thats the card my friend. The other equivilent(leeser one) is nividas 5600fx. But ati will show much better graphics compared to that card. The raidon will run apsalutely flawlessly as long as your not super hard core gamer. mid range gamer that will do you fine.

Heres the 9600Pro 256mb I found for $148. Does having a 256mb card any different from 128mb? Would both 9600Pros run the same? The 256mb and 128mb I mean.
$148 256mb compared to a $138 128mb, sounds like the 256mb is the better deal. Only a $10 difference and you get more too.

http://www.buyxtremegear.com/r96d3g.html

for right now no. The most demanding games right now dont even take advantage of the 128mb cards never mind 256mb but for 10 dollars more it is wourth it. 256mb cards will come into place as games start to get more advanced

Thats the answer I was looking for. I think I will get the 256mb. Only $10 more and it will last me a long time and run any game I want to play.

You may want to keep in mind that Powercolor has reduced the memory speed alot, to give you the extra 128Mb. This makes it slower than your average 9600 Pro (128 Mb version).

The 256 mb on a 9600 is a gimmick to sell cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom