Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

What do you guys think of this upgrade (this is for a gaming machine)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ $512
GeForce 7800 $747

Now all i need to do is pick a motherboard... thats what i need your help with.

Do you guys think SLI will really take off? or will single card be the way of the future? i dont know if i should get a SLI board or a good Single Card board.. what do you guys suggest.

Could you please pick best motherboard under $220 from this site
http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog...f17ac92ac8c1141f5721ad5252e1fc&cPath=93_36_63

Thats a real nice upgrade. But you will also need to get a 24 pin PSU.

From the list of mobos on that site (y does it have to be from there?), I'm not really impressed with any of them. You should wait for someone else to pick 1 out. If it were a different site, id say go with an MSI k8n Neo4 F or a DFI Lanparty nFor4 Ultra-D

oh what 24pin psu

how can i tell if my current one is 24pin?

that motherboard also dosnt support PCI-e and for memory there are no APG 7800s.

There will always be an outstanding single card solution for games. SLI is also pretty darn cool but you will never "need" it for games. There are several cards that handle BF2 and any other game on their own, X800, x850, all the 6800s, 7800s. The list goes on and on with cards that don't need partners.

i think i will go with the DFI board, i was just looking at its specs and it says supports SLI... i thought if a board supported SLI DFI would jump to put it in the heading of the mobo.

NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
- Supports NVIDIA SLI (Scalable Link Interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom