constant blue tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukiben

Beta member
after working fine for years my computer all of a sudden had a constant blue tint that is visible over the white text during start-up and never goes away. I thought it was my monitor but another computer works fine. Then I reinstalled my video card drivers and that didn't help. I reinstalled windows and still nothing. Now I just put in a new video card and that didn't fix it. Iam out of ideas.....

Is there a blue tint even during post right after you power the computer on? If so, it's either the vga cable or the monitor itself. It's not drivers for sure... If it's only doing this for that specific omputer and the monitor and cable work fine on another computer, the only remaining variable would be your video card.

So if you are able to get your hands on a different monitor, try a different monitor on the same PC. If you're having the same problem with the new monitor, try that monitor with a different video card on the same PC. If putting a different monitor with the same PC fixes the problem, the problem lies either with the monitor or the vga cable.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the post!
To answer your question the blue tint is visible right away on power up.

Sorry if I wasn't too clear in the first post. I have tried the same monitor and cable on another tower and the display was fine. So I figured my video card crapped out but my brand new card didn't solve the problem. So I think my monitor, cable and video card should be fine which is why I am so perplexed.

Thanks again

Interesting... Did you try the monitor itself on another PC or just the vga cable? The blue tint would only be caused by bent pins or a faulty monitor. Check the pins on both the cable and the video card - if any of them are bent carefully bend them back straight and try again. I had a similar problem with an old monitor, but it wasn't the cable... the monitor itself was crazy.

Ya I have tried the monitor with the same cable on another pc and it works fine. I also took a look at the pins on both ends of the cable and nothin is bent.... and as far as trying another slot my card is an AGP not a PCI so I only have one slot for it. Thanks for trying.... Ill let you know if I figure it out

So I finally got my hands on another monitor and it solved the problem..... but the blue tint monitor still works fine with my old computer so i dont know wtf is up with that, but at least my newer computer doesn't have the blue tint problem with the new monitor
thanks again everyone for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom