BF2 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS!!! Its really sickening how easy people hijack threads around here! dont turn this into a flame war.

Okay penline, if you can return what you've bought, i would do it, at least with some of your products. If you want the computer to be future proof, or at least in a relative sense, swap in the mobo for a PCIE mobo, preferabbly a DFI model. If not, then MSI.

Swap out the RAM for some DDR400, as DDR 333 is outdated and slow.

It is true that AMD Athlon 64 CPUs generally do better in games, but it is really only noticeable in benchmarks. A p4 3.4 ghz CPU with a 6800 GT would do nicely for BF2. You also have to make sure the PSU is from a good brand. By that, I mean OCZ, Thermaltake, Antec, PCP&C or Ennermax. Everything else, whether or not it comes with a case, is crap. You also will probably want a DVD drive/burner, as they are kinda mandatory these days.

It would be helpful if you posted a budget

Well maybe people should know what they are talking about. Seriously, this place has gone down hill. I dont know what is going on, but when I joined, it was full of pretty decently, semi-knowledgeable people. With a bunch of people know what they are talking about. Now it is full of 14 year old kids thinking they are "leet" or whatever the hell it is and talking about shit that is way over their head. I mean seriously, I have not seen one thread that hasnt had somebody say something stupid or totally incorrect, and then fight about it. Look how many people have left. Nubius stopped being a mod, this should really tell you something.

well dhw200
that is interesting
i already new that the ram wouldnt do
but i had purchased all the bits when i worked at lenards chicken about a year ago so i havent had any money since then
thats why my stuff is a bit out of date.
i got the news today that i am now working at mcdonalds! :D so my budget is scarce
i have purchased all my things off ebay so they are unretearnable

Okay, you can still work with what you have, but I want you to know that should you decide to upgrade your video card in the future, the newest generation of cards will NOT be AGP.

A 6800 GT would do nicely, as would the P4 3.2ghz. What kind of PSU do you have? If it came with your case, id recommend that you get a new one. The Thermaltake Silent PurePower 460 watter should be fine for you

You already said you would be getting more RAM, so thats good. And I would also recommend that you have a DVD drive and burner. Practiclly standard for today, and osme games are only being rleased on DVDs.

Listen to DHW, he knows his shit....You obviously have some cash with the forementioned P4 3.2 and a 6800gt; which will play BF2 well. U need min 350w with a 6800gt. Your good to go.

vaderpro said:
Listen to DHW, he knows his shit....

Why thank you :)

vaderpro said:
U need min 350w with a 6800gt. Your good to go. [/B]

If your going to go the AGP route (which is not prefferable), then I would recommend the Thermaltake Silent Purepower 460 watt PSU. If your going to go PCIE, id get the OCZ Modstream 510 watt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom