cannot renew ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaths soul

Solid State Member
Hello, last night my comcast went down for like 5 mins, i clicked renew ip address for some reason, and now i cannot connect to the internet using an ethernet cable, i can connect to the internet with my wireless card tho (on a laptop) i dont know how to fix this ive tried many things and it is starting to make me very mad. Any help would be nice. Thanks, Josh

unplug your modem for 5 minutes then plug it back in. This works for my cable modem. Also try some DOS commands "ipconfig /release" "ipconfig /renew" "ipconfig /all" "ipconfig" "tracert www.yahoo.com" "ping www.yahoo.com".

i have tried all the DOS commands but ill try unplugging my modem for 5 mins thanks and when i do ipcomfig /renew it says media is disconnected

Ok i tried unpluging my modem for 5 mins and that didnt fix anything. I really dont know what eles to do i can connect with my wireless card but cannot direct connect local area connection.

Ok well i fixed the problem i think i changed the link speed and duples mode to 10mbps full duplex but 10mbps half duplex works also they both seem to be about the same speed and work the same, can anyone tell me why this was causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom