Computer turns on, now doesnt work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Baseband Member
I seriously think my computer has a grudge against me..... Sometimes it will reboot immediatly, sometimes it will get halfway into windows.... but we never got back into windows once we cleared the CMOS.... http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9227 ......

now we get an error telling us a file is corrupt..... what can we do????

if we put in the windows disc to repair, it tells us another file is corrupt....

what the heck do we do??????

we have 4 computers in this room, 2 on xp, so if we need to move the HD we can....

The error in windows setup we get is : The entry "KD(heart)OM.DLL" in the [SourceDisksFiles] section of the inf file is corrupt or missing

Setup cannot continue. Press any Key to Exit.

If we try to start windows normally it goes to the windows boot screen and stays there forever... If we do safe mode or last known configuration, the computer restarts but gives us another error saying that a file is missing or corrupt!

WTF DO WE DO??

well sounds like your o/s is corrupt. So wipe everything of that drive. Re-install the o/s and see what happens. If it doesn't work it might be your o/s disk is danmaged, but move your hd to an other computer and see if it works there. If it doesn't well your o/s is garbage if it does something is having a conflict in that computer. So once you do what i first stated we can move from there

how do i wipe everything off the drive?

btw....my o/s is a brand new disk so...

last time i reformatted my HD i used the windows set up...windows set up wont work

first re-format drive.
Second clear cmos
Third re-install o/s
Fourth if it works walla if it doesn't take it to new computer(on that same h/d) and see if it works. After you do that post back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom