Is this deal for real??

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now just for Intel. i've heard AMD is waiting on DDR3. not sure on that one though. DDR2 is faster than DDR but i've also heard that the throughput of DDR2 isn't fully utilized yet, which is why AMD is waiting i suppose.

Also poisonporkchop, what is "nutcrab"?

What deal are you guys talking about? I just see a list of Wintec RAM and can't find 2GB for $95.91...

I bet it was a mistake. Probably was supposed to be $195.00. Also, a nutcrab is like a headcrab from half-life 2 except... well, you get the picture.

PoisonPorkchop said:
I am a little confused about DDR2. Is it only for Intel? Also what are the benefeits and negatives?
At this point yes, AMD has not yet inlcuded DDR2 support.

right now just for Intel. i've heard AMD is waiting on DDR3.
This was a rumor. AMD has anounced they will go DDR2 in 2006.

As for DDR2, the benefits are it runs at higher frequencies (ie DDR2800). But as far as negatives, it currently has higher latencies than DDR. For example many of the DDR2 chips are 4-4-4-12 or even 5-5-5-15. But this is also changing. I have seen high end DDR2 chips with CAS 2.5.

As far as I know and have heard, DDR2 is crap at this moment, which is why AMD has yet to go with it. They did at one point say they were going to skip it and go to DDR3, but they retracted that statement, and, as Idiotec said, are going with it in 2006 (or thereabouts). As for the RAM, it is crap. It is generic DDR2 for a cheap price... POOP POO!!! As Trotter said, I think I'll pass.

As for the thread, I think he misread it. He was looking at the (2x512) and not the (2x1GB)

95 bucks for 2x512 isn't a good reason for making a thread. I didn't make a mistake in my reading. The Link at the top used to take you directly to the product but i think they must have made a mistake in pricing as it's now gone. i would have bought RAM that cheap from "Bob The Tomato" electronics. HAHA. 2x1 gig for $95 seemed too good and it was.

I can't wait until gigabyte launches that PCI RAM DISK board. Buy like 4GIG of cheap DDR400 load that sucker up and create a RAMDISK. Put either your paging file on it... or install WIN XP on it. That's gonna be dashiznit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom