Computer REPAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonythetiger729

Beta member
So, I build computers and i fix computers for people, but right now im currently stumped by this problem.

I have right now to fix a Pentium 4 2.4/ 533/ 1mb socket 478, 256 ddr, ATI 9250 128mb, 41.1 gb HD

> problem is that the computer seems to turn on, but it doesnt.... it doesnt reach the BIOS, the monitor doesnt get any signal, at first i thought duh, videocard prob, but its not the video card because it works perfect.... in addition to all, the computer has the HD light on (like its working) but it does nothing... i thought the LED cable was hooked up wrong but its not....

-Any suggestions? - i dont know the mobo manufacturer, cant find any name anywhere on the mobo (trust me).

Are there any beeps? Nothing, well try taking out the cpu and botting motherboard, some will beep, if it beeps, than cpu, if it doesn't well, i dk.

ROger

try re-seating everything. a lot of the time, it can be the RAM not seated properly. I've had a couple of computers do the same thing (power on but no POST), and pushing the RAM in a little more worked.

This ain't Troubleshooting, and do not post the same thing in more than one forum.

You're new, Tony. But learn this quick, as there is little tolerance for those who break the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom