Is this comp that im building is good for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3rryBlaster

Baseband Member
Im gona build this comp, let me know if the parts a i picked are good , Im building it for gaming, but im not trying to spend alot of money. here it is

X-finity atx case
DFI lanparty UT NF4 ultra-d socket 939 mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1Ghz FSB 512 L2
Corsair XMS 1gb(2x512mb) ddr dual channel
Seagate barracuda 160GB 7200rpm 8mb cache HD
Aspire atx-520w PS
GeForce 6600GT 128bit PCI expressx16
NEC DVD+RW x16
Fuji 19LCD 12ms
I can build it for about $1200

Are you going to be overclocking? If so, there are better parts than you can get. If you arent overclocking, then again, there are better parts you can get. Post back and let us know...

well the thing is i just want to play the latest games without spending to much money, well im probably not gona overclock,but if there are better parts i can get for the same around the same price please let me know

I see. Then I should let you know that overclocking parts dont perform any better than non-overclocking parts, unless you are overclocking.

For example, your motherboard is great for overclocking. And your RAM is overclockable.

If you replaced those parts with ones that arent great for overclocking, but are still awesome for normal (non-overclocking) use, you wont notice any difference in performance, but will notice your wallet not being so light;)

For RAM, I recommend the CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Like I said, it wont overclock that great, but it wont perform and differently than fancy overclocking RAM.

As for a motherboard, the GIGABYTE GA-K8N Ultra-9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
or the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail would be good. And again, these boards arent the best overclockers (the DFI is), but will perform no worse than the DFI when not overclocking. These boards are also stable and reliable.

The motherboard is. I dont know about the RAM for sure. I do know that the RAM you choose was more expensive than value/generic ram, so I recommend against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom