Fan controller that controls lights too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx416

Baseband Member
I am trying to find a fan controller that can control case lights too. My case has these two eyes on the front with a 4 pin molex connector and I have 3 case fans with the 4 pin molex connectors also. I want to be able to turn the eyes off competely at night and turn down the fan speed so it quiets it down a bit.

I can't seem to find a fan controller that is capable completely turn fans off. I also need to find one that has 4 pin connectors instead of the 3 pin type that plug into the mobo

I found one by vantec but it is for cold cathode lights which have a different connector and I'm assuming power input, because they need special inverters to run.

Here is what the eyes look like. I like them, but since my comp sits next to my bed, they are very bright at night. The led fans aren't too bright, but again, I want to be able to turn them down a bit for less noise while I'm sleeping.
DSCF0082.jpg

hmmm. Not sure about fan controllers that also control case lights. Normally you can get PCI brackets with switches o turn fan lights on and off.

Suggestion: Your case would look a lot nicer if you addressed that mess of wires that is clearly visable through the window of that case. Consider investing in some wire sleeving.. May-be Blue or Yellow? That will give your case a cleaner look as well as increasing airflow. It's not necessary but it sure does look nicers then RED, YELLOW & BLACK wires everywhere...

Thanks for the reply, I think that the Vantecs for the 5.25"bays will work, so I ordered that, and per your advise I also ordered some blue wire wrap too. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom