Case for new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not compatible with socket 939. You might have read Athlon 64, but remember the Athlon 64 uses both socket 754 and 939.
For the CPU water block, you can chose from the RBX AMD (Socket A) block, Pentium 4 (Socket 478) block or the Athlon64 (Socket 754) block.
Only 754, sorry.

EDIT:
What speed X2? And why are you getting one? Theyre utterly useless for gaming.
He's right, FX-57 all the way.

yeah shiet look at the price!! why are they so mcuh better? i thought that duel cores would own? i orginally was going to get a AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+, would that be better for gaming?? or would a FX-57?

GuitarFreak1857 said:
FX-57 is better?
Actually, sorry after reading PoisonPorkchop's post I assumed you were building a gaming rig. The "best" processor depends on what you're planning on doing most and of course, your budget. If you are in fact building a gaming system, yes, the FX-57 is better than the X2.
Reason 1: No game currently supports dual core. I havn't looked into when one will. Probably a long time.
Reason 2: The FX-57 clocks higher than the X2. About 400MHz out of the box. Overclocks much higher.
Reason 3: You're not going to be playing Battlefield 2 and using Photoshop CS2 at the same time. You don't have two heads, do you?

Gaming: FX-57
Media stuff and future possibilities: X2

If you're on a budget though, you don't have to get the FX-57; I'm just saying it's the best for gaming. 3500-4000 and FX-55 are good too. And if you want an upgrade for the future, the dual core 4800 is cheaper than the FX-57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom