Upgrade sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger6400

Beta member
I play online games I've heard some people say that a sound card will give me better [frams per second]than onboard sound. I have AC97 audeo onboard sound.Just wondering if this is true or not I'VE heard anything from 2-5% to 30% in performance could someone give me some help on this matter.Thank you

The performance change is very minimal. It will not change much, unless you are using the full maximum capability of your onboard sound..

Agreed with U-Toast. You probably wont even notice a difference in graphics quality, or even sound quality for that matter. AC97, in my opinion, is quite good.

depends on a couple of different factors, but I would be impressed if you saw a 2% gain in FPS. Mainly it hinges on cpu power, if you have a slow cpu then you might get a 5% change, with todays processors theres enough power for onboard audio to not lag. Unless you have a sound problem spend your cash on something else.

Elbatrop1 said:
Agreed with U-Toast. You probably wont even notice a difference in graphics quality, or even sound quality for that matter. AC97, in my opinion, is quite good.

Most people will really notice a sound difference with a soundcard vs intergrated.

You would be looking in the 3-5% CPU catagory, not overall system peformance.

Oh yes I defintely noticed an improvement in sound quality when I got my Audigy. And not just music, it made BF2 sound a lot better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom