How secure is Remote Access Web Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman

Solid State Member
I have a client who needs to be able to access his network remotely. VPN isn't really a viable access as sometimes his only connection is at an Internet cafe, so we need something he can access using only a web browser. I have considered services like GoToMyPC, but am also considering XP's built-in Remote Access Web Client.

How secure is this, assuming he has a strong password and encryption?

Is Terminal Services Advanced Client more secure? We considering switching his network from a workgroup model to a domain for various reasons, and so would then have Terminal Services as an option.

Do you have other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

If you have a strong, encripted password, you can be farely safe. Just don't have the remote access on 24/7, it leaves open space for crackers (I say crackers b/c hackers only try to make things better, as myself). Turn it on when you are going to leave and are in a position when you might need to use it.

Thanks. That's what I expected. Good advice on turning it on and off, as well.

Now, the question is whether or not most Internet cafes will allow that kind of connection.

i use mywebexpc. very nice. no client software needed, its all done through activex controlls. you can even set it up to, instead of using a password, it will call a touch tone phone(like your cell phone) and you put in an access code to log on... and best of all, its free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom