pentium M problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhound

Baseband Member
Ok i'm working on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M3438 with a 1.73 Ghz centrino, I know centrino's tend to downclock themselves when they dont have much to do or when its to hot for em, but mine is a bit weird. It seems my centrino has a constant clock speed of 800Mhz regardless of heat or cpu useage. I've tried running benchmarks and all of em tell me 800 MHz, I also have a button cool & quiet on my laptop wich further locks it down at 670 MHz, So does anyone know how i can get it working at 1.73Ghz. My bios doesnt have many options none of em that would involve the cpu except maybe for battery save mode wich is disabled.

any help on this?

thanks in advance.

my FSB is alreaddy at 133Mhz, it is my multiplyer that is stuck at 6 it seems. if i where to raise my fsb to get to 1.73ghz on that multiplyer i'd fry my chip.

foxhound said:
my FSB is alreaddy at 133Mhz, it is my multiplyer that is stuck at 6 it seems. if i where to raise my fsb to get to 1.73ghz on that multiplyer i'd fry my chip.
It wouldn't fry the chip, but the mobo and RAM would never take it :p

Are you sure it is not going up under load? How have you tested? Try this to make sure. Run CPU-e on one side of the screen. On the other side run prime95. See what happens...

well i've tried with cpu-z and running cpu benchmarks. all of the benchmarks + cpuz tell me 800 mhz. i'll try what you said though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom