TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard nothing new about it anytime recently. I'm anxious to see what will transpire as well, because I want it here before school starts as well.

I think it is a good idea to have a more advanced forum. I like TF a lot, and i don't paticurely like XS because its too big and impartial. And there should be no credentials, as n00bs can browse the threads purely for the purpose of learning. They dont need to post. And yes, it would have to be heavily modded.

While I know I'm not on the same level of expertise as many of you, I do feel as though I'm starting to outgrow TF. And as I said above, I like this place a lot, and dont wish to go anywhere else.

I've heard nothing new about it anytime recently.

Here's you some news, but I don't know if it is supposed to be public knowledge...

TF2 now exists, but is basically a vacuum... without form and void. Larry posted that on 8-6-05 in the Mod forum. He, Shakie, and DMo are working on it. When it is ready, they'll let everyone know.

Right now, the question is who will be allowed in, and what will the criteria be.

More news as it develops...

i hope it will be open to everyone but will be heavily moderated. Otherwise some people could be excluded who have a valid post.

waynejkruse10 said:
i hope it will be open to everyone but will be heavily moderated. Otherwise some people could be excluded who have a valid post.

Agreed. And newcomers could read the topics, not necessarily post among them, but just read them to learn

Like I said before, that would be extremely pretentious and conceided to have any sort of pre-requisite to get into TF2. I may have suggested some requirements to be able to access it in the first place, but looking back, it is a bad idea. It will drive peopel away, and the onyl people that will be there are the posters who are here regardless. (Myself, DJCHRIS, gaara, Nubius, etc...) and we will get no one new. It will get to the point where it becomes something pathetic like only the aforementioned names in this paragraph will be at TF2, and nobody else new will get in there. I agree with heavy policing though, that is a good idea. Just have more than the normal amount of Mod's... But they cant be just any geek off the street, they gotta be handy with the steele if you know what I mean. (lets see who catches that) But seriously folks, how incredibly pompous that would be of us to say that we can access it, but you have to have certain credentials to be here. Damn, if that were the case, they would simply go over to XS or another forum where they can post anywhere. Seriously, think about it. There is nothing wrong with heavy moderation, however.

Trotter said:
Right now, the question is who will be allowed in, and what will the criteria be.

What's the motivation behind TF2 Trotter?.. The end goal so to speak.

dhw200 said:
Agreed. And newcomers could read the topics, not necessarily post among them, but just read them to learn [/B]

A "new comer" might be smarter than all of us man. It would be kind of insulting and embarrassing if all of us noobs are talking about computer assembly and overclocking while the design lead at AMD is sitting there trying to figure out why the **** he can't post anything on the new site. lol

I think before the MOD's start adding more sections to this forum, "MORE REGULARS SHOULD COUGH UP A FEW BUCKS AND DONATE TO TF." 5 bucks - 10 bucks... paypal it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom