Temperature related issue in laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
Its not overclocked but looks like best place to post this potential worry:

Got my first laptop a few days ago, 1.5ghz centrino, im no gamer and its friggin awesome, i love it, cept for one thing that happened 5 mins ago.

Ive had it running today. Its as stable as a rock, but just now i started getting hisisng sounds as if something was boiling inside it. Its warm, quite warm, but not hot. In alarm i checked cpu temp which was 56*c . I then shut it down, and I await your advice before i dare start it up again lol. Desktops i wouldnt worry too much about at 56, but Im willing to bet laptops with all parts (and battery) in such a small place need a bit more care,

BTW it has 256 ram, 1500mhz centrino, 32 graphicsm 40gb hard drive. Just to help with specs.

Toshiba Tecra m1

There is no way that a Pentium-M should be getting that hot! Return it, and get another one, as the one you have is likely defective.

Yes, 55 degrees. Now if it was an AMD X2 or something maybe, you would need a few more fans but not a Pentium. They run a whole lot cooler than AMDs. And after all whats the worst that could happen you would get a newer laptop?

I would get no laptop whatsoever. All my money went into this and depreciation makes it so that id struggle to get another.

MODDING TIME.

anyway, its alright for you people who buy laptops with pocketmoney but i had to work for this notebook.

dakta said:
Ive had it running today. Its as stable as a rock, but just now i started getting hisisng sounds as if something was boiling inside it. Its warm, quite warm, but not hot. In alarm i checked cpu temp which was 56*c . I then shut it down, and I await your advice before i dare start it up again lol.
Sounds like some one did not put the Heat Sink on propperly.

Don't fix it yourself.
Take it to Toshiba or Place Of Purchase for Warranty.

well yeah
Ive been running it late;y and it seems a lot better. What ive considered doing is actuallybecause my laptop spends a lot of time on the desk and not too much travelling (its used only occasionally and light work when on the move) ive thought of making a little basin with some 8cm normal case fans positioned to help extract the air from its vents, without actually touching the laptop, it could be just lifted in and out.

Just a thought
Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom