Computer Hardware Zone New Format = BAAAAAAADDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
Well, the point of that was to keep the "Get 2 7800GTXs in SLI" out of the threads posted by an old lady asking what kind of system she needs to check her email.

Usually when people ask for help, they'll include a budget. And usually if they don't include one in their original post, a user will ask what the budget is.

This, and this alone I believe, completely nullifies the need for a low-end/high-end forum. Adhering suggestions to the price ceiling and needs of the user (which would be posted by the thread starter anyway) is all that is needed. No subdivisions needed. Simple!

Personally, I feel the splitup into subforums was necessary. However, I feel that the distintions between the Lowend and the Highend subforums aren't that clear. It might be better for them to be broken up by subject, such as CPU/Mobos/, VGAs, Cooling (PSUs, Cases, HSFs), Memory (RAM and HDs), and an Other forum for the rest of the stuff

can't be arsed to read the hardware forums anymore, takes too long to browse through all of the subforums - at least the posts wont drop off so quickly if no-one goes there

Usually when people ask for help, they'll include a budget. And usually if they don't include one in their original post, a user will ask what the budget is.

This, and this alone I believe, completely nullifies the need for a low-end/high-end forum. Adhering suggestions to the price ceiling and needs of the user (which would be posted by the thread starter anyway) is all that is needed. No subdivisions needed. Simple!

You forget that the majority of posters here are under-age adolescents, many of whom skim posts instead of reading them. The glaring lack of maturity shows forth especially in the hardware questions with suggestions as noted above.

can't be arsed to read the hardware forums anymore, takes too long to browse through all of the subforums - at least the posts wont drop off so quickly if no-one goes there

No one goes there? Yeah, right.

Change comes with time. This one was rather overdue.

Chankama said:
Regardless, you guys should discuss amonst yourselves the importance of having a more "design/new tech" subforum in there. I think this is really important myself. There is a LOT of information to discuss in this area IMO. It's shame that those threads usually get buried.

You know, there is a New Technologies/Services forum...doesn't get enough activity, for that matter. Perhaps what happens when it's at the bottom of the Computer forums.

I renew my question from the other thread that was never really answered. If you are going to move *ALL* threads into subforums, and have no posts at the root, then why use subforums? Just divide the hardware forum into separate root-level forums. At least that way you can look at them on the forum index and see the "new posts" and "no new posts" flashing icons. It seems pretty ridiculous to make subforums when the primary forum is unused.

TheHeadFL said:
I renew my question from the other thread that was never really answered. If you are going to move *ALL* threads into subforums, and have no posts at the root, then why use subforums? Just divide the hardware forum into separate root-level forums. At least that way you can look at them on the forum index and see the "new posts" and "no new posts" flashing icons. It seems pretty ridiculous to make subforums when the primary forum is unused.
I believe it was said that in time the subforums will become their own forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom