You are my only hope Obi-Wan Kenobi....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand Grenade

Beta member
Could someone PLEASE PLEASE offer me some assistance with this little problem that I have?
On E Bay, my Java applets will not run. I get the image placeholders, and that's about it. I use IE, XP, Zone Alarm Pro, Norton 2005, connected thru a cable modem. This problem didn't occur until about a week ago. When I use IE to go to the Java website, the applets load. I entered e bay into the trusted zone of zone alarm, and it did nothing. Java is enabled everywhere in my computer and it works on other websites.
When I use Mozilla, I still only get image placeholders.
When I do a "verify installation" of the latest Java platform, using Mozilla, it says "congratulations"..and it recognizes it. When I try to do it with IE, it tells me "it cannot verify in a timely manner".
Java works, everywhere except e bay. E bay tried to help me by saying "clear your cache" but.... YEAH RIGHT.
E machines might as well be run by automated e mails, because they were no help whatsoever. There were recent updates to Zone alarm and Norton, but I can't see why that would affect ONLY e bay.
Can anybody help me? I have some stuff to list and this is killin' me!

Use the force young one :p. Umm that is very weird taht everything esle works but ebay doesnt. have you checked the java scrpt console. i think that tells you the error i may be wrong, and this is for firefox. Remember Use the force.

well if its blank then you have no errors on that page hmm. It works for others but ebay no. Have you rana anti-virus casue java has a installer virus. i jsut got it 2 days ago :( but its gone know:). I got it from there site. check maybe it mit have to do with something. Or something. Hmm makes me think.

Never mind! I fixed it.. It was a setting inside of Zone alarm. Man it took me SOO long to figure that out!
Thanks anyway people!

Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom