Good motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David2004

In Runtime
Hey, whats up guys, im new here, and I know whats good and whats not about pretty much all specs that I need for my PC, BUT, I dont really know whats a good motherboard. The PC I am Custom making is gonna be a p4 processor, so anways, one of the motherboards I was looking at was the...Intel® 875P chipset with ICH5R. Also the..Asus Model P4S800 SIS 648 Chipset. So what do you think? Are any of those 2 motherboards good? If u have better ones please do tell me. I want this PC for gaming only :)

Thanks,
David

hands down intel makes best chipsets around. the 875p is top for chipsets and will un with early precott cpus. Enable pat techknowlagy. And has tons of goodies. But the 865pe the sister of 875p is somewhat like it but with no pat but has some other stuff thats like pat. 875p all the way

Abit makes a board with the 865pe chipset, that has something called "Game Accelerator Technology". It's supposed to be like PAT, but i've never heard any good things about it.

its just the same as pat just gives 3-5% boost in performance hardly noticable. But i haven't had any complaints about 865pe. Its a decent chipset sister of 875p. 875p is a bit more advanced but i dont see anything wrong with the 865pe who is telling you it isn't to good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom