Microphone trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlenicky40

Solid State Member
YAh, I have a microphone, and it workied on my old comp, well i have different comp now(not a new one though, just more space) and my mic wont work on it for some reason... At the back of it, theres only a speaker and line-in hole, so the speakers work, and i put the mic into the line-in, and when i record stuff on msn, it records whatevers playing on my speakers directly(i think, because it wont pick up my voice or anything else).. So yah thats my problem, it wont record what i say, only whats playing on the speakers, either that or nothing at all... Whats wrong?

Well a microphone plug is powered enough so that a signal can be produced by the microphone (I think). The line in plug isn't powered because usually you plug things into the line in plug that are already powered. Are you sure there isn't a microphone plug somewhere because (to me) that's very odd to have no microphone plug?

go into your control panel and click on the sound and audio devices make sure that the recording device is set to the correct setting.

it is, i check all the settings, played around with everything, reset it to default, etc... got nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom