memory compatibility problems with MSI K8N Neo-FSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

troy1385

Solid State Member
hi,
i recently purchased a stick of 512MB corsair ram(VS512MB400) to add to my 512MB Mushkin DDR400 ram(991093). And now my comp will boot at ddr speed 166 instead of 200. Plz tell me what timings i shud set for it to run stable at 200mhz. P.S I've tried timings of 3-4-4-8 and i've crashed (however it passes memtest).... plz help. I've also tried timings of 2.5-3-3-6 and 3-3-3-8 and still crashed.

as of now my memory is at 166 mhz and the default timings are at 2.5-3-3-7. Before added the corsair memory my ram would default to 2.5-3-3-8.

Install the new memory by itself and see if the system runs at 200MHz and see what the timings are. Sounds like you have a memory mismatch issue and the system is trying to run the memory at messed up timings. Try a BIOS update and re-install your video card drivers.

my motherboard has latest bios 1.7 and i've tried the both the sticks alone. Both run at 200 mhz. However the mushkins def timings are 2.5-3-3-8 and the corsair defaults to 2.5-3-3-6. Just upgraded video drivers too.

also i forgot to mention that when i put memory in the DIMM 1 slot of the motherboard. My comp does not POST. An endless beep keeps sounding. So since then i have been workin everything in DIMM slot 2 and 3. Should i RMA the motherboard? My only concern bout that is..that zip zoom fly takes forever to accknowledge rma and the proceedure may take atleast a week. I will have no computer for a week :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom