Java

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you open your registry choose >> File >> Export >> and choose a place to save it to, it doesn't matter where. If you want to go back to that saved registry entry then >> File >> Import >> find your backed up copy.

So, why would I need to back it up? If I mess up with something in the registry will there be problems occuring? Obvious problems such as Bluescreens, errors, etc. ?

You got it right on the money. Anytime you make changes to your registry it's good to make a backup just in case things go awry.

You may have gotten something bad but I want to clear this up

Sun Microsystems (god of UNIX) did not give you a virus. You may have browsed the internet carefree and got one but Sun Java itself did not give you that.

<me sorry must protect my sun micro>

You'll find it more useful to have java than not to have it, otherwise you'll come across something that you need the Java RE installed to run.

Viruses in the cache are pretty common and not too much of a threat, however you can turn off the cache - this will make running java apps a tad slower but if it eases your mind:

control panel > java plug in > cahce

and then uncheck the enable caching box

done.

I see. Well if I ever do need Java where do I download it from so Im virus free? Which Java version aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom