Poor Graphics Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoomUK said:
So you know for sure that your loss of performance hasn' t come since you haven't overclocked?...

Because I have oc'ed it again and its the same poor graphics.

DoomUK said:
Forceware: Under 'Performance and Quality settings', under 'Active profile': 'Global driver settings', make sure everything is set to 'Application controlled', and set (global) 'Image settings' to Quality, the default setting (that'll turn various optimizations ON).

What version are you using right now?

Ok i've done that. I don't have forceware though. I can't seem to find it anywhere. This might be because I am using LeadTek nvidia drivers...

Go to www.nvidia.com, dl Forceware (the 'official' unified driver) 77.77. If you're using the (older version of Forceware) drivers that came with your card, then they're going to be well outdated.

What are you using to OC?

Did you turn vsync on in your card settings? That'll kill fps, but the only way I personally dont get tearing in BF2.

Formatting is ALWAYS the last option for me. Im having a problem with my sister's laptop with the usb ports (I have a post if any of you think you can help :) ). Anyways its the biggest pain in the ass having to install the updates, new drivers, (save your saved games) if your a gamer. Not to mention reinstalling all the damn appz. And EVERYTIME i reformat I forget some little thing that I didnt save and im pissed out it every time lol

Hugo82 said:
I installed the nVidia drivers that came with BF2 and my graphics were fine for a few days but then there was a sudden drop. The same is in 3dmark which I have tried, the graphics aren't smooth as they were and all my games are unplayable due to this.

There are no artifacts while playing, just far less FPS and the graphics are unsmooth.

Something's definately amiss then. If things were running fine for a length of time, then suddenly stopped and you did NOTHING WHATSOEVER (emphasis on that), you need to start poking around. My first stop would be to have a good look at both your graphics card, and your RAM. Is your RAM still reporting at the same size? Run a test on it to see if you're able to address it all. Have you changed your page-file sizes? What about voltages in the BIOS? Are you running any OCing utilities like CoreCenter or whatnot?

Also, do you have another computer you could try the vid-card in?

I doubt it has to do with the drivers for the card, or your DirectX. Nothing would work right from the start if those were faulty, and they don't change on their own (again, you didn't do anything, right?).

Also, check your powersupply. Are you experiencing any brown-outs?

bae,

You need to scan ur pc for spyware and viruses..

Sounds to me like something is downloading in background, obviously something unwanted................................................................

IM RIGHT YOUR ALL WRONG :p

but of course reformat fixes.

Sorry been away for a week.

I've already tried nVidia drivers 77.77, but I'll give them another go.
I haven't turned on vsync.
I have had no brown-outs and no problems with power.
My RAM is still at its proper figure.
There have been no changes in voltages.
There are no overclocking programs.
I've scanned my computer with eTrust PestPatrol and i've got rid of some advertising spyware stuff but it hasn't helped. Nothing else comes up on the scan now.

I can't try it in another computer until the start of september.

BTW the 77.77 drivers did not help either.

Hugo82, I would honestly recommend a reformat here ;)

When you say 'less FPS and unsmooth', to what extent are we talking here? When you ran 3DMark and got half the score you previously did, were you using different graphics settings to what you first used; either in the app or in Forceware? Easily done.

Synthetic benches aside, what is in-game performance like? Are you getting half the FPS you previously did? Be specific.

What are your temps like? Could be that your GPU is being throttled back due to overheating.

btw, did you completely un-install the previous drivers first, before installing Forceware 77.77? Don't be tempted to just write over the registry with new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom