USB not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
My dad's computer has a Abit K78 motherboard, and I installed it along with a gig of RAM and a 20 GB HDD. Among some other things.

Well I was going to move the Cable Modem and wireless router to it, but when I set up the USB Cable Modem, the software goes through a list of things to check and says that "active usb device failed." My USB mouse won't work either...

Fix?

i am guessing you have windows xp with out service pack 2 and you have usb 2.0 if you install sp2 you will get the correct drives for usb 2.0. you could also try to go into the control panel, system, hardware, device manager then right click your usb that prob says that it isnt working correctly and select update drivers.

if you dont want to install sp2 go here for the drivers for usb 2.0
http://www.usbman.com/USB 2 News.htm

Nope, I actually have ME on that computer. There in lies the problem most likley.

Yep. ME, so i've heard, will NOT support USB 2.0 More than likely, the USB devices you are trying to use are USB 2.0, therefore, will not work with ME.

Ok, well thanks for the replies.

It still isnt working...and I don't have any spare XP discs that Microsoft won't sue me over putting on another computer.

I dunno what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom