can i get a geforce 6600 gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piothepio

Beta member
i have a 250 watt power supply, an agp slot, and i think i have free pci slots (how do i check?) thx

I think the question is should you. I doubt you have enough power to run that, or at least run what you want to be running if you ever got the 6600gt.

Some 6600gt's are also PCI-E, so if you ever do upgrade your Powersupply, make sure you get the right kind.

If you have an AGP slot then you want an AGP 6600GT. You also need at least a 350W PSU. Also what are the rest of your specs?

im actually not sure of my psu, how can i find out without opening the case (im afraid ill break something) and if it isnt enough, what is the best card for my psu?

i bet u have a dell hahahahaha. ur gonna have major probs unless u can get a better psu.

piothepio said:
im actually not sure of my psu, how can i find out without opening the case (im afraid ill break something) and if it isnt enough, what is the best card for my psu?
you can't really, all the PSU does is supply power. it doesn't communicate with the PC (except for turning on and off)

Yea, im betting its a Dell too...

Buddy, if your not going to open your case for a peek around, do you really feel comfortable installing a video card?

Just take one side off the case, its usually held on by a couple screws, no big deal. Your power supply is usually at the top, a big square box with lots of wires coming out of it.

Nothing will happen by opening the case. How you gonna install the card if you don't wanna open the case? Don't waste money by having a shop do it. It's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom