final thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
ok im gonna be ordering the parts for my new gaming rig in a few days and wuld just like to know wut evry1 thinks.

CPU: AMD 3700 San Diego
GFX Card: EVGA or BFG 7800GTX (please help me decide)
MoBo: DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR
Case: Thermaltake Armor Black
PSU: Silverstone Zeus 650w or Enermax Noisetaker 600w (help me! ^)
Optical: sum NEC...
HD: 36Gb raptor**
RAM: 1GB of Corsair**

** denotes items being sold to me by 1 of my dad's coworker's for a total cost of $50 so i cant pass the deal up. (will get better later on)**

** denotes items being sold to me by 1 of my dad's coworker's for a total cost of $50 so i cant pass the deal up. (will get better later on)**
Damn, nice deal ;)

As far as the gfx card, I think either would be good. If the BFG is competive on price, it is hard to pass up that lifetime warranty and I have had good OC sucess on mine. If it is a significant price difference, the eVGA should be great. I know they produced a solid card with the 6xxx series any ways.

Everything looks excellent!

For the vid card, it doesnt really matter. I would go with whatever you can find for cheaper. Both of them will surpass any games requirements. Even when future games are able to stress the vid card, you wont be able to notice a difference between the performance on either.

Get another hard drive if possible in addition to the raptor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive-62

Don't forget arctic silver 5 thermal compound or windows if needed. Looks good.

ok thnx alot evry1
i think there's like a $30 difference between the 2 gfx cards but wut about the new evga card that just came out? is it any good or shuld i just get BFG?

I'd get the cheaper one. they're completely comparable! Both are great brands. Don't forget the thermal paste and OS!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom