ps/2 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar6

Baseband Member
Hello.

I bought a old computer. But when i turn it on then it does not go to windows.
It says "chmos error, defaults loaded" and writes that i need to push f1 or del key.
And here is the second problem - i then put ps/2 keyboard to the ps/2 port, but keyboard does not work (keyboard light does not go green). Person who selled my this computer told me that those ports worked if he used this computer. Seller took out cdrom drive and soundcard (becouse i didnt need then, have my own) and left winxp to the hdd. Is it possible that if he removed cdrom drive and soundcard, then something went wrong or something?
If i cant fix it then i have to send it back to him.

I have bought many things from him before and i dont belive that he
wanted to sell my broken pc.

that means that your CMOS is not agreeing with the actual hardware the computer found during the boot. This can be cause by changing hardware without changing setup.

If the keyboard doesn't work at all, try a USB keyboard and get into BIOS and enable legacy keyboard and mouse support. While your there check to see if any missing hardware may still be enable.

Law said:
that means that your CMOS is not agreeing with the actual hardware the computer found during the boot. This can be cause by changing hardware without changing setup.

This does not help if i format hdd?

What shoul i do to get over this error?:(
I think that usb ports work on this motherboard. Is it going to work if i use usb keyboard? Dont have this at the moment.

If the keyboard doesn't work at all, try a USB keyboard and get into BIOS and enable legacy keyboard and mouse support. While your there check to see if any missing hardware maybe still be enable. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks i try to buy usb keyboard tomorrow. Hope that helps.
:D

Thanks for help.

No it will not help if you format HDD, best solution is to get a keyboard that will work and get you into BIOS. You should be able to get into BIOS with a USB keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom