Can someone as pov as me build a decent machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo

Beta member
Hey,

I've been using a AMD 550mhz box for far too long and it's really time i did something about it. My main problem is i don't have thousands of $$$ to blow (or at all) . I'm looking for a non-intel solution and what was suggested to me is to check out some older DEC Alpha chips and try to build something in that respect, But, I have no idea what i'm doing, how it would work, what it would cost, what it would involve and if it's a completley stupid idea or not :rolleyes: . I need to be able to play games, good ones, without dying in the arse :rolleyes: . Can anyone please give any suggestions they have to offer, I need help.

For $400 you can build a decent machine perfect for using the web, maybe a few applications, and with a decent video card you can play games on it.

I am building a new computer right now as a matter of fact, it's a mini pc meaning it has a very small case to it, which is what I want because I like to LAN.

-Athlon XP 2000+ (I plan on OCing it)
-512MB PC2700 Buffalo tech ram
-40GB WD Hard Drive
-256MB GeForce FX 5200
-LITE-ON 48x24x48x16x Combo Drive (cd burner + dvd-rom)

Here is the bare bone I am starting out with, since it's easier to just get a barebone kit and buy everything else when you're dealing with mini pc's. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=&sumit=Go&description=56-115-006&searchdepa=0

you can build a compute pretty easily(search google for tutorials) for reasonable price by searching the net. I recently built a computer that can run any game out there for $489.00. For good prices goto pricegrabber.com

Thanks, i'll give a barebone system some thought. I have just purchased an AMD XP2400+ cpu, could someone suggest a good motherboard?

You're talking $US right? I can't find one for less than $250 Australian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom