hdd/psu problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHenry26

Beta member
I've recently been having a problem with my 80gig Western Digital Caviar hard drive. Every so ofter (it seems to have phases), my computer will freeze, and my hard drive will begin to make the noise that it makes when it first starts up, sometimes just once and sometimes more than once. I am forced to reboot, at which point I am sometimes faced with strange boot errors which regretfully I did not write down, but which did not reappear after a second reboot.

Here are my specs:

Aerocool Jetmaster Case
Geforce GA-7VT600-P Motherboard
AMD 2600
Geforce 4 Ti-4200
Western Digital *)GB Caviar IDE Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA Hard Drive
LG CD-RW Drive
Nexus Vantec Fan Controller

**Tsunami 200W Power Supply**

My suspicion is that this problem may have something to do with my weak power supply that has acted up before now. I have not had any other trouble with the western digital 80gb hard drive, which is only a year and a half old. I am fairly sure that this problem does not have anything to do with my second 200gb hard drive, as it still happens when the seagate is unplugged, though less frequently.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You need a good PSU with around 400 watts of power for those hardware your running. If you have alot of fans make sure to consider 450 or more.

Its worth the money to get 500 watts if you can afford it. In the long run it will help alot as new hardware come out they will consume more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom