Partion A hardrive With Windows XP installed on to the hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo

Baseband Member
Hey Guys can I Partion A hardrive With Windows XP installed on to the hardrive like split from
40GB TO

20GB
20GB

I just dont want to go to the trouble of formatting and i would like to have 2 different oses in case something goes wrong i can jump to the different one.

It sounds like you already have the whole drive partitioned. The only way I know to split an already-in-use partition is by using Norton Partition Magic. Just Google it, and you will turn up some results.

Hello Carlo! It's rather easy to do. Once I needed install second OS. And I was recommended to use Disk Director. This partition manager software allows me shrink my first OS partition "C" (it was 20GB) to 10 GB. Then I create new partition "D". But check the letter of partitions and rename, if it need. In partition manager make partition "D" primary and active, and make sure that this partition has correct file system (NTFS or FAT32) it depends of what kind of OS you'll install on it. Don't forget to activate OS selector, reboot PC and now you can start installing new OS. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom