Keyboard with power on key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcolman

Beta member
Can anyone recommend a PC keyboard that has a power on key so I can start the computer from the keyboard?

Jim

not sure about turning on but i know the lite on airboard can do a shutdown with the power button. You can look it up. and it is cheap. like $30 and has a little mouse joystick on it.

MOBO Specs

In responses to the earlier reply, I have a Biostar M7VIT-A002 motherboard. I'm not sure what case spec information is required.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

I don't think I've ever seen a keyboard with 'power-on' (scratch that, didn't that icube think have it, as well as some other macs?), but I don't think I could in good concience recommend one if I had. in my experience, keyboards with hotkeys for sleepmode, volume, and other extended functionality are slightly reliable at best.

you could rig a button, attached externally to the keybaord, that is connected to the power swith jumpers on you mobo. it would look funky, it would necesitate some minor case modding (just drilling a hole really), and it would be a painus in the anus whenever you need to unplug your keyboards, but it would work.

the real question, though, is why is you computer out of arms reach?

I think that if you get yourself a mac, the powerkey is on the keyboard...
But you may have a winner with wake on ring... just hook up a modem, program the speeddial on your phone, click the speeddial button ... BAM! computer on...

Some have boot on power restore in the bios, so a power strip may do it for you, or one of those that go underneath the monitor, but I wouldnt recommed it... folks tend to use that to turn it off too...

NO actually, unless you find something in the bios, the best you can probably hope for is to let the computer go into standby mode and wake from standby with keyboard/mouse....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom