New System. Compatbility Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalonthas

Beta member
I am wanting to buy a new system to assemble myself, cuz i havent made my own since the Pentium 2 days lol. IF you see below my harddrive from my old computer I am wondering if it is compatible with my new rig??

AMD Athlon 64bit 3500+
ASUS A8N-E Motherboard
1Gigbyte OZC Premier PC3200/400mhz DDR DC with heatsinks
Sapphire Radeon X800 256mb/256bit PCI-E video card

Salvaging:
Samsung 120gig (SV1204H) ATA/100 interface Hard Drive

So if any experts out there on harddrives can tell me if my MB and HD are compatible or not it would be appreciated. And hopefully the rest of the parts for my new rig are compatible??

Don't forget to get a case, windows, and optical drives if needed, also psu. You might want to consider a nvidia card instead with pixel shader 3 support and FP32.

Roger

Yea you are good to go. Why wouldnt you think that your ata/100 drive wouldnt work? It is IDE, and people still use piece of shit IDE hard drives, so your good!:)

Pretty much:

ATA 66/100/133=IDE interface

well they so old so i figured since the MB was SATA that it didnt support IDE. Im a loser lol.

And to the previous poster, the case, psu, etc etc are going to be salvaged from my old computer since it is sufficient. Im not a Geforce fan right now because its so much more expensive then ATI alternatives which arent too far behind. Im getting the Sapphire X800 256/256 for $265 Canadian. If you can find me a cheaper Geforce, i will take it :p

Are you sure that your PSU is gonna be ok for the new computer? What kind of power does your PSU supply?

Also, as I have said before, "Premium" RAM doesnt perform any better than value or generic RAM unless you are overclocking. Same goes for the heatsinks on RAM. They are useless unless you are overclocking (and even then, they arent always useful).

Even 350w is gonna be very tight. I can see a 300W PSU + a system like the one that you are building = random reboots.

I recommend getting a 400W PSU, just to be safe.

Like I say 350W will be tight, but you might be able to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom