Something is wrong with new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
it might be the video card slot thats messed up, no, the video card works i know it cuz my cousin used his video card and it still doesn't work so that cancels out the video card. yes algu the monitor is plugged in tightly into the jack in the video card

I had the same problem not to long back and i'll tell you it was a pain in the ass. I had a brand new mb, video card, power supply, ram, but had my 478 celeron 1.7 willamette, little did I know and contrary to what the sales guy said, it didn't work. I knew the cpu worked. I took back the mb to get a new one, and they tested it and they said the mb was bad. And even though the mb box said it supported 478, thats all it said. I tried powering it up and it still didnt work so i had to buy a newer 478 cpu. I thought a 478 celeron was a 478 celeron, intel sucks, but anyway if your saying its not the video card then i suggest taking the cpu and mb back up to where you bought it if it wasnt from online and have them test it. Im leaning towards the cpu.

icemakr thanks, anyways earlier(before i read this post) i took back the mobo and they said it was broken so i got a newer one and tested, it worked fine. i got it home an dit didn't work! again! wow i can't believe my luck.. well my mobo is ECS 755-A2 and i have a AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ it was in a combo deal so it shoulda worked fine.

Lemme repost my problem...Ive recently tried to built my third home-made computer and i experience a problem where the monitor shows up blank when i try to boot my computer(the heatsink and case fan seems to be spinning). Ive tried unplugging everything and pluggint it back in but still didnt work im using a FX5500 AGP video card...not a PCI so it shouldnt matter...i tried changing to my old radeon 9200se but stilll didnt work. I tried changing the CPU from a 3200+ to my old 3000+ and didnt work. Got the motherboard tested and it works. Tried Changing the RAM from a pqi PC2700 to a Corsair PC3200 and didnt work. Ran out of ideas of what can be wrong. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom