Missing slot :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

contry

In Runtime
allright, yesterday i opened up my pc for the first time, just to make sure i had a pci-e slot since i was gonna buy a 6600gt, but when i took out the side panel i noticed the pci slots were there, and my pci-e slot was missing XD, it just says pci-e slot on the side where it is supposed to be, windows and everest detect that i got pci-e, is there anyway i can fix this? maybe getting a slot and soldering it back on?

Uh...ok...

What mobo are you using? If pre-made, what brand and model, as well as serial number?

The long black slot is the PCI-e (x16), the short black one is the PCI-e (x1), the two white ones are regular PCI.

yeah i know :p , the probblem is that the slot is not where its supposed to be, i dont know how to explain it, ill take a picture when i get home :)

The x16 slot is supposed to set farther back on the board than the other PCI slots.

Or is it that your case doesn't line up with the slot?

I think what he means is that the slot is removed or was never put there. My friend had a Dell that had marks to where you could solder an AGP slot on but it didn't come with it. Just one of the ways to do there propriety stuff that they enjoy doing...

ok here is the pic,and yeah KorKwin thats what i meant :)

ohnoesstheslot0da.jpg

sorry for the delayed reply, i forgot i had posted his topic XD
as u can see in the pic im missing the pci-e slot, is there anyway i can get the slot and put it back on?:confused: Im stuck with integrated graphics :angry: i hope there is a way to solve this :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom