Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Ok so what 256mb vga card would you guys buy with these system specs:

Pentium Celeron 2.4Ghz Northwood
Shuttle AV49PN Motherboard
1 Ghz DDR400 Memory
480w Power Supply

The only restriction is that it has to be an agp card. I currently have an Apollo Nvidia Geforce 5500FX. It sucks! Video playback is horrible. I will be using this card primarily for gaming and watching dvds. Someone sugggested the nvidia 6600xt but I can't seem to find one to buy. Thanks all.

~Ronin~

get a 6600GT there is no such thing as a 6600xt unless you misspelled it. you can find the on newegg.com

it depends if your on a budget. If your willing to spill 200-300 try to find a nice 6800GT on newegg (EVGA makes nice cards)

Ok so where can I find a 6600gt 256mb AGP card?
Chaintech nVIDIA GeForce 6600 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, AGP 8X, Model "SA6600" -RETAIL
I'd normally recommend an eVGA brand video card, but Chaintech has never given me a problem and in this case, it's $40 cheaper. If you'd prefer eVGA, Tigerdirect has one here.

Note: Neither of these are 6600GTs. I don't think there are any 6600GT 256MB AGP cards. If you'd prefer a GT, this is very nice.

also what would be the closest equivalent in an ati card?
Personally, I'd stay away from ATI for recent games until the next generation. No offence to ATI, my 9600xt worked great, but ATI can't currently beat the 6600.

Definitly stay away from ATI. The X800 Pro is not nearly as good as the 6800 GT, and they are about the same price. Hell, the 6600 GT does better than the X800 Pro is some Open GL games.

ATI is slightly better for D3D

Nvidia is WAAAAAAY better for Open GL

daRcer said:
Chaintech nVIDIA GeForce 6600 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, AGP 8X, Model "SA6600" -RETAIL
I'd normally recommend an eVGA brand video card, but Chaintech has never given me a problem and in this case, it's $40 cheaper. If you'd prefer eVGA, Tigerdirect has one here.

Note: Neither of these are 6600GTs. I don't think there are any 6600GT 256MB AGP cards. If you'd prefer a GT, this is very nice.

Personally, I'd stay away from ATI for recent games until the next generation. No offence to ATI, my 9600xt worked great, but ATI can't currently beat the 6600.
I wouldn't get Chaintech. a lot of people have had them die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom