New SubForums

Status
Not open for further replies.
macdude425 said:
I must say I really don't understand the point of a OC/Modding sub, when there is already a forum dedicated to that. Otherwise, I like it.

The contents of the dedicated forum have been moved to the subforum. In other words, the subforum is becoming the new OC/modding forum. It's just shifting.

HARDWARE forms

First of all, I think someone should clarify what it means to talk about "Highend" and "Lowend" hardware. A person would argue that "MOST" components purchased by "home" users are lowend. My point is, it is very subjective. A person who simply wants to ask a quesion about a system, would then have to additional decide where to post. Especially a person who's not a regular. Not necessarily a noob btw. I think this particular division is very poor.

Also, why oh why do we not have a "Design issues/new technologies" sub-forum???... It's great that we have a "Other/misc" subforum. But this seems hardly appropriate.. I mean it's ok to talk about computer assembly/overclocking/modding a lot. But it seems kindda strange that we don't have a specific place to talk about the very important topic of "component design". I mean, anyone who's in the hardware "industry" would prolly be concerned more with design than assembly/overclocking/modding. And that's the type of people we want here.

Anyways, personally I think this division is very poor. Obviously, some of the division was ok, as it would've been impossible to "NOT" have them :).. e.g. troubleshooting, overclocking, etc.

I think it should be rather than lowerend and highend. It should be changed to Retail computer, and Homebuilt Custom Whiteboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom