Important FYI! Windows Installer Fix for all programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Hey everyone... recently i posted a problem with MS office 2000. From alot of time trying to figure out what was wrong, i discovered that when i used System Restore, the installation log files (.msp files) REQUIRED to use/install/uninstall/reinstall/repair/update MS office weren't carried over when i did a restore. So, these files were lost and I could no longer use, install, etc etc (same as line above).

After almost 2 weeks of aggrivation, i solved the problem in literally 10 seconds. This is probably the most helpful hint i will ever be able to give concerning MS installation problems. Microsoft has this program called Windows Installer Cleanup. Basically all it does is FORCE any program that was installed using Windows Installer as the install program to be uninstalled and taken off your computer... no matter what. So basically, if some very IMPORTANT temp files were deleted after a system restore, restore from a backup, etc, this program will DEFINITELY come in handy.

Here is the link for the program. I suggest downloading it and putting it on a CD or floppy just in case MS stops supporting it (Which they seem to do alot of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom