Best IM Messenger for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
What is your personal opinion on whats the best instant messenger for windows.

I think Trillian is the best as it lets me connect to AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo!, and more. I hear GAIM is pretty good also and I've tried it for a week but I still prefer trillian.

from what i remember, my experience with trillian is that it's instable, AD prone.. Gaim is fast, much faster than MSN :D Though, on windows platform, i only use msn messegner, purely because the feature set is full, no third party software can compete with that.. I don't use any other network either.. except IRC :D

No way it's not unstable you must have tried 1.0 or early 2.0 Beta. Triallian is now on 3.1 and it can't be any more stable. And trillian doesn't come with any ads at all what are you talking about...

Gaim has some great plug ins like AIM MSN and Yahoo!. I use it on my Fedora System can't say I like it though.

Trillian 3.1 Pro is what I use, its stable, never had a problem, no ads, no spyware, etc. The only problem is if you use Beta Explorer 1, you need to replace the msn.dll file, if you dont, Trillain is not usable, it crashes upon initializing. Other than that, its great.

Although it doesn't connect to other instant messaging clients, I really enjoy XFire. It's great if you and you're friends play a lot of online games, as it lists the server that they are in and allows you to join them. Also, the built in downloader that downloads gaming videos and game demos is a nice feature.

I never even heard of that what client connects to that I assume it's a single client and is not in a multi client.

Lucky Warez to have the pro version. Is it worth getting I checked the benefet chart and it didn't seem like it. Also note not many people are using IE7Beta.

I guess it's all about the preference GAIM and Trillian do the same thing exept trillian has a few more messengers bundled in it (unpopular and you may not use them though). GAIM just feels to much like a Linux app to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom