2883 on 3dmark05 w/6600GT HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6200 3D marks (05) with the stuff in my sig! :)

Any how, If i had to guess, i would say it's your RAM. Its kind of hard to make an accurate call without full system specs....Is this a custom job or a store-bought brand computer?

What is the speed of the RAM? PC 3200? PC 2100?

If you're running two different speeds of RAM, both RAM modules will run at the LOWEST RAM speed.

Finally i would like to point out that 2883 score is not bad. It's just a tiny bit low in my opinion.

this is a custom job computer. the ram is kingston valuram at pc 3200 but the micron is 2100. im going to get a gig of dual channel corsair ram. the 400 pc 3200. hopefully that will help

magicalfruit187 said:
this is a custom job computer. the ram is kingston valuram at pc 3200 but the micron is 2100. im going to get a gig of dual channel corsair ram. the 400 pc 3200. hopefully that will help
Get that freaking Micron out of there, that is killing your performance. All the RAM must run at the same speed so your 3200 is getting severely underclocked. Trust me, even without the extra 256mbs, your performance will INCREASE by getting it out of there.

yep that did it. i hit 3182. im thinking about moving up to a gig. how do i kno what ram wont do the same as the micron stick did?

magicalfruit187 said:
yep that did it. i hit 3182.
That score is right on....
magicalfruit187 said:
im thinking about moving up to a gig. how do i kno what ram wont do the same as the micron stick did?
Make sure the second stick is PC3200...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom