Removing SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as i know you can slipstream into a CD i havent heard nor found a way to get it out of a CD. I know SP2 isnt the greatest but wouldnt you like to have XP protected? Sorry for that but i just want to understand why someone would want a vonerable system that is open to attack.

Remove it wow there's a question for everything.

I'm sure you can for me all I have to do is go into add remove programs click on show updates near the top and click on remove SP2. Isn't that how you do it?

I don't recommend removing it also but it's your call.

i like sp1 and all sp 2 does it update ie(which i dont use) and perform system tweaks---as far as i know. as far as my system being open for attack, whatever my router doesnt catch, black ice will. and the uninstall option isnt available for sp2 that has been slipstreamed.

you will find that when MS release new products sp2 will be needed (IE7) other wise you cant install them. SP2 makes a big diff in sercurity for the OS.

because SP2 causes some applications released around the time of SP2 not to be able to run. thats probably a reason, i might consider taking it off my cd if i get one

Some people tell me thier computer ran faster before they had SP2. A customer actually wanted me to take it off, but I was lazy at the time so I gave him a bunch of technical jargon that he probably didn't understand. Atleast he stuck with SP2 which probably help him more than without it.

That is the applications fault for not patching it not SP2. Generally SP2 does more good than bad and don't you need SP2 to get software updates from microsoft now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom