lost 25Gb, where is all the space at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy there fella, take deap breaths.

Why not put a post on forumn asking for ideas, then when people give ideas, totally ignore them. People don't have to take the advice we give.

I was ony saying that the HDD size may be the problem anyway, we don't know what else he has on it.

I'm not getting at you Manhuntkotor but there is a chance that your HDD is trying to tell you something. How long have you had it? Have you tried running Error Checking yet?

I gave him advice on how to check his HDD out for errors, maybe I should have just said "Yeah man format it, works every time".

The fact is his HDD may already be failing, and may soon totally fail. Is it worth storing data on a dodgy disk in the first place.

If everyone is so hell bent on sticking with 40GB to prove a point, buy a new 40GB HDD

Its not about what YOU think he needs, he wants his 40 let him have at it. Seems to me alot of people dont read the starting post on the threads here. Oh this one is about hard drives!! Lets go pwn some n00ber with a 40gig roflmfao I r teh rawz0rZ.

Back >> Back >> Back

Its the post on the very top, with the title on it. Read that one off for me.

As for the first bit, I have no idea what that last sentence was.

As I said before, maybe you are not reading right, I have advised him how to check his drive if he wants to keep it, but (oh here we go again) his drive maybe faulty. Is it worth risking your system and data for the sake of a dodgy drive. If it comes out fine after testing, then great.

My point was a price against risk thing. I also admit that just because £30 doesn't seem much to me, it could be a lot to someone else.

So, AEagle20. What would be your advice about keeping his 40GB HDD if it has an increasing number of bad sectors.

And, from the last bit, if you want me to keep strictly to post and not offer alternative advice, here goes.

From the information given, I have no idea where his 25GB of space is at.

CJJohnson- what you say in this thread is comprehensive and makes perfect sense.

It is quite simple really. The original poster can try to do some maintenace and repairs on his 40gb drive as has been outlined, or failing that buy a new one cheap which will solve the problem.

I didn't like the contributers who suggested very large drives would be appropriate such as 160gb. It is important to meet the needs of the person who has the problem, not to go over board with your own suggestions

I am done. No more help. I used CleanUp! and it gave me 9 Gb's back. Thats good enough. I have 14.5 gb left. I am good for now. Thanks guys

Manhuntkotor said:
i dont have 26 gb. It says i have 6.5 gb now that i downloaded gta san andreas. It says i have all 30 gb used up. But there is no way i do. anything i could do to figure out just what is taking up so much room?

It might also be that your 26 GB IS there. but unallocated... If you have the My Computer icon on your desktop, right click and hit manage. From there you might have to go to disk managment (or something like that depending on your OS) then look at the bars. If one of them are black and says unallocated, right click on the unallocated part and format. This should take you thru the process of formatting that part. Then you'll have 2 partitions to work with. Which can also come in handy if you need to reload your OS... then you can move all your important stuff onto the new drive and format/reload the old one without losing data...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom