Installing Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
Wait hold on...

Doesn't that mean two copies of word are using the same CD Key Genuine Advantage would detect this and lock them out correct? (not sure)

Ignore him. despite what he thinks, he's an idiot. he has never solved a problem here. he just tries to impose his will on you.

fifreak3 said:
I just bought a laptop but it only came with Wordperfect. I have a desktop which came Word, which I have all the discs for. Both computers are Dells running Win XP SP2. Is it safe/possible to use the disks from the desktop to install Word and possibly other programs on the laptop?

yes you can. despite what most people will tell you here, you are allow to use the same MS product that requires activation on a PC and have a backup on a laptop. that includes your windows XP disc and your office disc. your office disc's restriction is not as strict as your xp disc either.

furtivefelon said:
i'm not sure what your talking about Tyler..

When i install MS Office 2003 Pro on my family computer, and installing service pack 1, they never checked my serial (that was 2 weeks ago)..

ohhh, you meant this right tyler: "Doesn't that mean two copies of word are using the same CD Key, Genuine Advantage would detect this and lock them out correct? (not sure)"?

again, no, Genuine Advantage doesn't check office products apparently..

you don't need activation with your specific copy of MS Office 2003 Pro (it's like a corperate edition). but most copied of office require activation (especially MS works and regular office)

also depending on where you got that from, I wouldn't head to office updates. if they deem it not legit, they will lock it (I'm not sure if they are still doing that but they use to)

Thanks. I installed Word on my laptop today and everything went smoothly.

However, I've encountered a problem, maybe you can help me here .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom