AMD 64 3200+ VS. P4 HT (640) 3.2Ghz 2mb Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, why did you bring up dual cores in your post above when I was talking about single cores?

The 5xx with 1MB L2 cache performs the same as the 6xx with 2MB L2 cache. There is hardly any difference.

yeah, but the 8xx series does not have 2mb of true l2 cache.
It has 1mb of l2 cache on each core. that is what i am talking about.

Edit: Ohhh i see what you mean, you were not talking about the 8xx series cpu's....... Well I still know what i am talking about lol :D

I mixed this thread up for another one i was posting in about dual cores and video editing.

madmunki said:
The AMD 3200 is like a 2.4ghz, and is much slower then the P4 3.2ghz.

I would stay away from AMD, cause there is so many problems with AMD and gaming, like look at the World of Warcraft support forum, the number one issue (error 131) only happens with AMD processors.

Most gaming companies develope games on Intel systems, and are only tested with AMD. I would rather have a CPU that games were written for, not ported to.

Who the hell is this fruit?

Some guy who has no idea what is he talking about, maybe he works at Best Buy :D

And let me respond to that anyways. A 3200 is comparable if not better to the P4 3.2 Ghz, because AMD has a different architechture they can have more powerful CPU's at the lower frequencies than Intel, w/ a higher FSB to top it off :D

well to set the fact stright... They do not base those model numbers off of Intel clock speeds..... I know people are going to disagree with me.... :(

From what I can see from the benchmarks, the AMD is better for games right across the board, but the P4 is better for video rendering and the like.
Correct. So all you can do is take that information and think about what factors are more important to you and make a decision.

I work at best buy, and I dont ask obvious questions about I/O, Counterstrike =). And you thought we were stupid!!

Biased opinion here, go with the 3200+ if you are going to be gaming. I just threw it in and bzzooom. Hey intel guys, I'm way up here hurry up.

if you want to set your self up for 64 bit then try and go with AMD and find a compatabile Mobo that way you can just upgrade the CPU and not both the CPU and mobo. if not then intel. personally Intel all the way for me. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom