About computer icons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackecho

Baseband Member
I know how to change single Icons in winxp, but I was wondering if any of you know how to change icons on a mass scale. For instance, is it possible to change a group of icons, like the default folder icons, to a predetermined icon that I have else where on my hard drive? Thanks for any help that you can offer!

Ps- I would like to do this without using a program...

ok, on second thought, due to the lack of strong responses, what would some programs be?

i dont know the actual programs but i know you can go to places like www.deviantart.com and they have a section where people submit their icons and its in an icon package and you just run it and it replaces all your icons

Microangelo is a great prog .. to change icons on any OS ..
As per ur first question Blackecho.. U can do that by edit the shell32.dll file ..which contains most of the icons on XP.. U can use Microangelo's Librarian to do this ..

The Icons are controled from within the registry. HKey Classes Root. You have to find the file extention or the item you want changed and then modify the corisponding values. It's pretty time consuming to do it, but it can be done. If you export a reg file containing the items you want to change, you can then modify the entires for the icons when ever and the reimport them. A little time will get you a long way...

Good luck.

if your files have same extension, then go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types - and find your extension then change the icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom