Please rate this setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetshockedalot

In Runtime
Please rate this setup! UPDATED!!! 18 Aug!

Hola Cyber-pimps!!!

A friend has comissioned me to build hime a new rig with a $3k budget. This is my rough draft of the parts list (-a case). Should I add another GB or RAM? Thanks for the inputs!

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
Motherboard - Retail
Model #: A8N-SLI Deluxe

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Model #: BFGR78256GTXOC

AMD Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55BNBOX - Retail
Model #: ADAFX55BNBOX

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200XLPT - Retail
Model #: TWINX1024-3200XLPT

Western Digital Raptor WD740GDRTL 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - Retail
Model #: WD740GDRTL

LITE-ON Black IDE DVD Burner Model SOHW-1693S Black - Retail
Model #: SOHW-1693S Black

LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-16P9SBLK - Retail
Model #: SOHD-16P9SBLK

CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Model #: 70SB035000013

Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition 1 package - OEM
Model #: ZAT-00007

ID switch the CPU to an X2, maybe a 4800 if there is enough cash. It wont perform any worse in games, and it'll do better in the long run.

And yea, id definitly get a bigger HD.

What are u getting for a PSU

Fellas,
I appreciate the replies...
Sprooty, what RAM would you recommend? As for the HD space, I figured I'd go with the fastest one out there. That is still a point of discussion. I'm thinking of adding a 160GB Seagate for storage also.
Dhw200, PSU is up in the air but I am leaning towards a PC power and Cooling or Thermaltake 500W PSU. Also, what do you mean by the "X2" CPU comment?
Thanks again!!!

1. I think most people here would reccomend the DFI Ultra D mobo because of quality capacitors and overclockability features

2. If you got the cash, i would go ahead and get another gig of RAM. There are a lot of negative attitudes here about Corsair brand RAM. If i remember correctly, there are a lot of recommendations for OCZ brand.

3. I dont think you'll need a DVD rom AND a DVD burner. The burner will be able to read disks.

4. Consider setting up two WD Raptors in RAID and one additional drive for storage.

5. If i'm not mistaken, the Sound blaster Gamer edition is only a dolby 5.1 version. If you're spending 3K ona computer, go for the 7.1 card. Remember that you'll need some good quality speakers to really use the 7.1 card..

Anyhow, thats my 2 cents worth... Good luck on the build. :)

dam i wish i had that much cash i would get

AMD X2 4800+
DFI-NF4 Ultra-d (u really don;t want that motherboard its bluddy annoying im passing my problems with it on to somone else as soon as i can)
2gig Corsair XMS XL (only if he won;t oc and the pro stuff does notin in terms on performance only adds dorky looking heat spreaders)
2XWD 74gig Raptor in raid 0
2XWD 200gig SATA 8mb cach in raid 0
eVGA 256mb 7800GTX
OCZ Powerstream 600watt
thermaltake armor case
Dell 20.1inch LCD 16ms response time
i wish i could get all that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom